Monday, March 30, 2009

Back from NY, back from my mini hiatus

I was in NYC last week for my first trade show, SES NY. It was a pretty busy three days of flying in, setting up the booth, and working the trade show. The trade show was different than I expected, partially because I was so used to home shows and ID trade shows where there are tactile examples of appliances, and materials (fabric, tiles, etc.) This was definitely different but very interesting. I am so glad I got to go and have the experience of being at a trade show. It was a refreshing change, but I could definitely get used to it.


I also got to go to some of my favorite places in NY like Famous Rays Pizza and H&M and I got to have dinner with my cousin one night at a really good Mexican restaurant I had never been to before called Dos Caminos on 51st and 3rd...Really good tacos. Tuesday night, I got to see my best friend Melissa, who I rarely get to see so I was excited about that too.

Another cool thing about going to NY last week was going to see the Late Show with Jimmy Fallon. It was really cool to see, especially since it is a new show, although I wish there were cooler guests than Regis Philmon, and Kat Van D (who I didn't know but is a tattoo artist on LA INK).

...Another cool show I just saw was Greg Behrendt at Goodnight's Comedy Club this past weekend...For those of you who do not know, Greg Behrendt is the author of "He's Just Not That Into You." (book/movie) and used to be a writer on Sex and The City and he also has his own show as well. I got a picture with him afterwards but I need to upload the picture later.

0 comments: