Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day 8-Back to the US of A

May 22nd-

Saturday was very busy and nerve- racking. We got to the airport to find ourselves in a very stressful situation. We were all stuck in very long lines to check in and check our bags. They opened up the service lines which are typically reserved only for checking bags after self check in.

The line took forever, especially with all of the people who just needed to check their bags who were allowed to cut the line. I finally checked in, checked my bag which again was way above the kilo limit (even after I bought a new suitcase while in Munich...at least I didn't get charged this time).

With some of us ahead in the first of many security checkpoints and a few still waiting in line to check in, a group of us got in another long line for security. We managed to get through that line faster than the other few who were in the other security line and continued through to the other check points. We weren't sure we were going to make it to our flight and we were convinced that since we had surpassed everyone else, that if anyone made the flight, we would be the only three to make it.

Luckily, we all made it onto the flight...

We landed in Charlotte an hour early, went through customs/immigration and still had a 2 1/2 hour drive home. By the time we made it home, it was 8pm (2am Munich time). I then was so wound up that I stayed up until midnight (6am Munich time) so I slept until about 1pm the next day...can't remember the last time I did that. All in all, it was a great trip and experience, even if I was jet lagged for a few days!!

0 comments: