Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 5

May 19th

We started off in the morning visiting IBM. While I like IBM as a company, I was a bit disappointed, as they didn't get as much into their innovation or marketing as some of the other companies. They did however, put out a nice spread for us after. :)

Our second visit of the day was by far my favorite visit of the week...IDEO. IDEO is an innovation company with 8 office locations, 5 of which are in the US, and 3 international locations including Munich. The whole atmosphere and company culture really impressed me and has actually inspired me to change my concentrations in my MBA program. I now plan to have a concentration in marketing management and (product) innovation management. The nice thing about this switch from marketing and supply chain management is that the marketing and innovation concentrations are more similar and some of the classes actually overlap. This means that I can still graduate a semester early because of the one credit class and this trip, but I can also take next summer off to travel, hopefully to Israel per Taglit Birthright (that's a whole other story).
At night we had dinner at this really good Bavarian restaurant that had amazing asparagus soup
and later went for drinks at Park Cafe where they had HUGE pina coladas for $6, good music, tiramisu shots, GOLD chairs and interesting bathroom doors.


0 comments: