Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 3-First day of Company Visits

May 16th

It was an early morning and it was going to be a busy day- 3 company visits.

We started at Yahoo. Really cool company visit. We talked predominantly about Flickr, Yahoo's image sharing program. It was really cool to learn about and see how it works and we each got a year long flickr account so that we can share our Munich pictures for a week. I tried asking about any plans to integrate with email marketing companies, such as...iContact for instance. I think due to a language barrier, the guy wasn't 100% sure of what I was asking about but I got shot down. However, I still think there is potential for a partnership...something to bring up to my MarCom department perhaps.

We also visited Hype which is an innovation company based in Munich where we got to see the process they go through when working on projects for clients.

The last company visit was to Brain Lab. While extremely interesting, this one was a bit hard for me as I deal with my Dad's brain tumor as a part of my daily life and I know that all of the amazing equipment and software that BrainLab creates to cure brain tumors will never be able to help my Dad at this point. Other than that it was really interesting. Brain Lab also has 7 open offices that are designed after different places around the world...Very cool.

Monday night...more drinking bier!

0 comments: