Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The woman who lived in her shoes

My name is Jessica and I am a shoe-a-holic...I have a lot of shoes; tall ones, short ones, flat ones, boots, flip flops...I have it all...Well at least I did until this past Sunday when they mistakenly got brought to the Municipal landfill...I had a bag of five pairs of shoes that were picked up from the shoe repair shop after some much needed recapping on the heels. They were in a brown paper bag that was then placed in a plastic bag and they were waiting patiently for me in my parent's laundry room. However, at some point this sack of shoes ended up next to the garbage can and got brought to the dump with the rest of the "holiday" garbage. Let's just say I was in for quite a surprise when I went to my parent's house to pick them up and they weren't there. I wouldn't have cared so much except that out of the five pairs, one was a really nice pair of silver peep-toe Mary Janes that have mini-diamonds on the buckles, yes diamonds. The other pair was my french pink peep-toe JIMMY CHOO mary janes that I got in sale on Rodeo Drive this past summer while shopping with Erin in Beverly Hills.

I went to Saks 5th Ave last night in hopes of replacing my mangled JIMMY CHOOs with a new pair but I honestly wasn't crazy about anything I saw and if you're going to spend mega bucks on shoes, they better be fabulous.

After a disappointing supply at Saks last night, I went on a mission today and managed to find both my Jimmy Choos and my Silver Corso Como shoes on line, on sale and in my size....I should receive both pairs by the end of the week and will definitely think twice before bringing them to the shoe repair.

On a completely different note, I went to a cycling class at my gym for the first time and I am hooked...going back tomorrow.

0 comments: