Saturday, January 2, 2010

Fire Alarms are overrated!!

I just got back to North Carolina yesterday in time to start what will hopefully be a much better year. I was expecting to be back on Tuesday which I was counting on to get my life in order for the year of 2010 before school and work take over...

Instead, I had to say goodbye to someone very important to me, my grandfather. He passed away this past Monday and he will be missed very much but I know that he is happy to be reunited with my grandmother. The plus to extending my trip home to Connecticut was more time with my new cousins Ava and Jules who are the most adorable babies ever! Jules




Ava

Jules


I also got to spend some much needed time with my lifelong best friend Melissa who was there for me all week, taking me to the hospital, supporting me at the wake and the funeral as well. I love you girl...you are after all "family".

However, the hotel we stayed at was terrible, the room was really small, especially when shared between three people for one week, the mattress felt like a sheet of plywood, there were 4 maintenance calls for the toilet that would never flush, a day without water while a plumbing issue was worked on (day of the wake), and 3 fire alarms, one while my brother was in the shower and two in the middle of the night prior to the funeral...Needless to say I will not be staying at the Doubletree on Post Rd again any time soon. Oh yeah, the breakfast that we were comped for the all of the inconveniences was cold, yuck!

It's been an emotionally and physically exhausting week and now I only have two days to knock out an on-going and self-induced honey-do list. I have gotten a lot accomplished today but still have so much to do tomorrow before I go back to work on Monday. At least I have another week before school starts and life really gets crazy.

With the new year, I don't have resolutions necessarily but goals...

  • Take things in stride...know that I can't control everything no matter how hard I try
  • Stay away from Toxic people, completely remove them from my life- it's not worth the drama
  • Run and Run hard- my running shoes need to come out of hibernation alas!
  • Cook more, eat out less- I got 4 cookbooks for Christmakah that are waiting to be broken in
  • Live, Laugh, Love

0 comments: